Follow us on Google+

Thursday, August 16, 2018

The Police - Walking On The Moon -No.95 Off the beaten track



The
Police- Walking on the moon (1980)


I
think the Police in the late 70s and early 80s were a band that was
heavily international. By that I mean they toured worldwide and most
of their videos were filmed in different destinations. It was a
deliberate ploy by Miles Copeland, who was the bands manager. I got
into Sting around the 85/86 mark but I was drawn to the Police track
on his live album at the time. I sort of ignored the work of the
police until I was at University. People kept on recommending
albums like Ghost in the Machine and Zenyatta Mondatta. They are
brilliant albums. The drums of Stewert Copeland are genius
and the work of Summers was abstract but
worked. Sting sort of became more politically motivated behind good
causes, apart Ten Summers Tales there were few highlights. This track
reminds me of watching TOTP when I was younger.

0 comments:

Post a Comment